Tim Wallen – Director of Accounting
Tim has always been passionate about accounting. He began his accounting career in high school working as a bookkeeper for several small businesses in Louisville. His formal accounting career took hold at the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD). Until 2008, Tim spent his career at MSD honing his accounting skills in varying levels of responsibility, spending the last 16 years there as Controller.
Tim feels that he has a responsibility to “give back” to the business community. In 2005, he began teaching as an adjunct at a local college, bringing his world experience into the classroom to supplement the teaching material. In 2008, he had the opportunity to accept a full-time teaching position in the Business Department at Brown Mackie College. The demands of a faculty member were rewarding, but the accounting world was never far from his mind. Tim joined Fit Money CPA as the Director of Accounting in 2010.
Tim earned a Bachelor’s Degree from Northwood University, a Master’s Degree from Webster University, and completed Doctoral Hours at Argosy University and California Intercontinental University.
Tim actively works in the community volunteering his time in the following ways: MSD Federal Credit Union, President and CEO; Wednesday’s Child, Inc., Treasurer; and Pitt Academy, Inc., Treasurer. He is a member of the Institute of Management Accountants and The Institute of Financial Operations.
Tim specializes in working with companies to meet their needs in the following ways:
- Providing monthly accounting services including bank reconciliations and financial statement preparation.
- Analyze financial statements to help the owner understand their financial position.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly business sales and payroll taxes.
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Create new QuickBooks companies including client training.
- Evaluation of existing QuickBooks companies.
- Migration to QuickBooks from other software platforms.
- Evaluating business processes to ensure efficiency of staff.
- Working with business valuation specialists to help determine the value of your business.
- Partnering to clients to build long-term growth strategies